Our Guest house is situated on the corner of Church street and Luttig street, right in the heart of Prince Albert. We are close to most of the local attractions and everything is a mere walking distance away.
Brief general history outline about the karoo town of Prince Albert
Prince Albert was founded in 1762 on the loan farm De Queek Vallei with Zacharias De Beer as its first incumbent. Originally known as Albertsburg, when it obtained municipal status in 1845 it was renamed Prince Albert in honour of Queen Victoria's consort, Prince Albert.
The town has many well-preserved Cape Dutch, Karoo and Victorian buildings, of which 13 are considered National Monuments. There are several olive farms and other very large export fruit farms in the area, as well as sheep farms, an export mohair trade, and each year the village celebrates the well-known Olive festival which takes place on the 25th to the 27th of April. Activities such as Hiking, cycling and stargazing are some of the attractions for the visitors of the area.